Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been collecting alotta pics, and i'm wanting to see some 20s that are classy looking, to me that means with "buttons" or those rivets. something like the Lowehart LD1 and the cheap knockoffs. but what other "classy" wheels are out there? whats yalls opinion?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have always been a fan of the Billet "Spoked" wheels namely Valdez and GTP47, to me they just add class to almost any car :cool:
Here are the Boyd version that a fellow member has

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my old set of Gen-X Titans and 275/35s for sale. I thought they looked real classy and wide as hell when I had em on my impala. I dont know if you ever saw them on there or not. There are some pics of them at sounddomain.com/id/gmc350ss

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i may get in touch with ya, pesonally like those 22s better than the style of the 20s. friend of mine in town has a green one on 22s. but seems like he has lost performance. then again, he has stock rearend, and stock computer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those wheels on my car ar for sale. Well at least I think they are. I love these wheels like crazy but I want something else. Boyd is still making this rim called the groove. They want 650 per wheel in 22 if i remember right from talking to them. I was gonna do 22s in the rear but I don't know. They have changed the style of the cap now.

Originally posted by Yada yada Huh??:
I have always been a fan of the Billet "Spoked" wheels namely Valdez and GTP47, to me they just add class to almost any car :cool:
Here are the Boyd version that a fellow member has

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Needing a better definition of classy in your opinion. You leaning more towards full face or something more open?

Like this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well firewood, have you seen the ones with dollar signs all in them. anyways. yeah thats a good thread with pics. and that one pic you have up is nice, but but i dont think it would "chop" like those american eagle ones, or those timeless 2. i gotta email edog and see if he has a farther away pic. all i seee are close ups. i like the basicness and lip, and i bet they look good rollin. so whats yalls opinion on this neeper vandal

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by gvillepoet:
...So whats yalls opinion on this neeper vandal
Nice and clean. So that's what you're after? OK, That's kinda thr look I like. Here's a bunch that are priced nicely (to leave more money for mods)
rad makes a few nice ones, 12 & 14 in particular:

This wheel isn't out just yet but should be next year, Mezzano MZ%:

same with this one, Bigg Hit:

And the Bigg bill's were on my wag for a while.

No rivets on this but it's just clean and it's a 20x9 with a zero offset (perfect fit on b-bodies:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how much do those mezzanos run in 20s??
They don't have pricing yet. Contact customwheelsunlimited.com and they'll tell you what they know. Should be reasonable, like around $2100.00 tires and wheels- but I could be wrong. They won't even ballpark them right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Firewood, 'Cause I got wood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 12SEC SS:
...droool

http://www.billetwheel.com/cgi/wheels.cgi?cmd=show_image&path=Gotcha_Series&img=5&tn=1

i so want to get them, but with these streets in brooklyn, i managed to bend a factory 'vette 18", and i was running 285x40 tire at the time and dont even know when it happened.. i'd be really pissed if i bend one of those

Hmmmm. That is an interesting wheel.
</font>[/QUOTE]I like those!! I like the fat spokes and they are not too busy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IMO no cast wheel is classy. They all look cheap after the first year and they play out very fast. Forged or billet gets my vote because they always look good year after year.

[ 12-28-2005, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: KW Baraka ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i've even thought about some black 20s, but its the cheaper version knockoffs of the LD1s in the lowrider magazine. something like 4 something for a set. but theres something about chrome when its cleaned up in the summer time with some black magic on the tires.
on the other hand i rather put painted wheels on a Beamer 745 than an SS. just a certain look i guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i've been collecting alotta pics, and i'm wanting to see some 20s that are classy looking, to me that means with "buttons" or those rivets. something like the Lowehart LD1 and the cheap knockoffs. but what other "classy" wheels are out there? whats yalls opinion?
best wheel for classy Lowenhart LC1

best wheel in a high quality spinner DUB Trump ,& DUB condo spinners

best wire wheels Dayton 1st , zenith 2nd

best high performance wheel something in a custom built forged designed for car ( this way very light, strong, true, correct offset, and staggered if desired)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.