Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods that I never really got to show off yet!!

Here's the car in the weeds... Yes, my yard is almost all weeds. Technically I don't think I would have even had to lower it to say that.

Here's my placement for the sub... Already a couple dings in it, but I'll figure a way to protect it a little more later. The box goes down into the foot area of the third seat. The seat section has my amps and valves for the air ride. Air ride tank and pump are tucked behind the spare tire cover....and the lock box is still in tact and also now holds the Nav DVD.

And here's a couple shots of the bonnie rear. Works great in every way. I left the metal frame so I don't have any of the "floppy headrest" syndrome.

Oh yeah...and here's the new head unit. Fits nicely with very little modification.

Thanks for lookin'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... 96greengrey is who I not only bought it from, but helped with the install along with another local b-body guy. That is the best $300 I've spent so far. I can't see why more don't do it. His pieces are the best. I even picked up another for a local member. He's working on the Burgandy version of my interior.

Thanks for the props.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

On the rear seat. I took the cover and cushion off the wagon back. Started by sawsalling off the tabs on the back of the bonnie seat and also I cut the rectangle off the back of the pass through door. I did want to keep it there for looks though. Then you start lining up the two and see what needs to be cut.. some of the sides and more of the bottom sides. Don't cut any of the leather, just pin it back. The upolstry is the hardest part, but not that hard. Although I was in a time crunch getting a few other things done, I did farm this out. What I had him do was sew the new material across the top. Velcro is attached to the side and bottom to attach the remaining edges. For the most part you never see any of that anyway.

Two tips though. Notice the gap at the bottom... that is required to fold the seat down. The real issue is that the lower seat is thinner than the original. It also seems to slope away a bit. I'm going to figure out a way to raise and incline the lower to fill the gap and make it less likely for you to end up in the floor with my driving. I'm extremely happy with it. I'm a big boy and have riden back there in comfort, even laying down, and it's great.

I will try to take it out sometime once I go to rewire and I'll post another topic with just those pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well for you I would have to pull the front seat out and then you would be comfortable. You could still get to the radio controls.

For those of you that don't know. Black Bart is really a Sasquash.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Off hand I think it's the dxx-6015. You need to open up the corners in the back for all the extra wires....which is something you have to do anyway. Other than that I didn't use the trim plate for the radio since it fits pretty well with the dash panel. The dash panel also pokes out just a little bit(doesn't fully snap up top). I'm going to work on the mounting kit a little bit. But hell for this one with to pieces of metal you could make your own kit.

Note this is something that will only fit like this in a 95-96 rmw and (i think) rm. Because of the larger radio. Finally something oldball that I can THANK GM for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, I really like thelooks of that head unit. I did a search for the dxx-6015, but I didn't find anything. Could you please clarify what head unit that is. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Family Truckster:
Just had to comment on how well the wagon matches your house. :D
uh-oh. We were thinking about siding the house. How the hell am I going to attach that to the car?

Oh yeah.. Just got the sirius installed today. Howard, here I come!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.