Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a quick heads up for anyone interested in probably the lowest mile, cleanest 1996 BBB impala SS's on the Planet. The owner here at Hamilton Chevrolet purchased this car BRAND NEW and drove it home and stored it. He has just purchased a Brand New Vette and finds it necessary to sell off his pride and joy for the space. Here is a once in a Lifetime chance to purchase a BRAND NEW 1996 Impala SS. How often do you think this will happen? Here is a link to it on Auto Trader. Good Luck and the new owner will be HAPPY!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=285189198&dealer_id=568753&car_year=1996&rdm=1283531910710&lastStartYear=1981&model=CHEVIMP&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1996&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=8&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=48274627&showZipError=y&make=CHEV&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=26000&body_style=SEDAN&drive=&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceDESC&address=48092&advanced=&end_year=1996&doors=&transmission=&max_price=26000&cardist=2&standard=false

Vehicle Description

Installed Options

• Anti-Lock Brakes
  • Air Conditioning
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Cruise Control
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Power Seats
  • Leather Seats
  • Power Door Locks
  • Power Mirrors
  • Power Windows
  • Power Steering
  • Tilt Wheel

Seller's Description and Comments

VIRTUALLY NEW!! This 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS was purchased new by the Dealer Principle of a Chevrolet Dealership and immediately put into storage. It has 138 original miles. Serious buyers are welcome to set an appointment to inspect the vehicle. The purchaser will be provided with a copy of a clean Carfax and a demonstration drive. For additional information or to set an appointment please contact David Hamilton at 586-276-1510.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
None of us "Broke D. Dogs" on here could afford that kind of price, there are many with super low mileage for all sorts of prices from 13,500 up to 40grand.

Put it on that major Impala for sale thread NAISSO

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya. It is not my car. I am just putting the information out there since I know about it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would have some real concerns about the maintenance on a car sitting for 14 years with only 138 miles. Dry rotted tires, fuel system gunked up with old gas, engine lubrication, frozen parts ect..Now maybe this has already been addressed...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would have some real concerns about the maintenance on a car sitting for 14 years with only 138 miles. Dry rotted tires, fuel system gunked up with old gas, engine lubrication, frozen parts ect..Now maybe this has already been addressed...
Yes depends on how they stored the car; i learned the hard way back in 86 storing an 86GN for just three years. I ended up replacing the AC unit, the master cylinder on the brakes, the power steering pump and just about every seal you can think of had to be redone. Not so good to let me sit that long in any type of storage cause mine was in a heated and cooled storage building..

·
Registered
288 Posts
WOW! Now that is something special. They should have no problem selling her.:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
look at the motor...the rubber is all discolored

i bet ever rubber peice on that car has to be replaced..

i swear people care too much on how many miles a car has...

my 190k impala ss looked better/newer then that

both ways good luck with sale..

·
Registered
185 Posts
It looks like it still has dexcool in it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Vehicle Description

Installed Options
  • Anti-Lock Brakes
  • Air Conditioning
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Cruise Control
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Power Seats
  • Leather Seats
  • Power Door Locks
  • Power Mirrors
  • Power Windows
  • Power Steering
  • Tilt Wheel
Wow it has all them options.. really special

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Saw one a year or better with 11 miles on it, i thought it was on this site, but maybe not.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
It won't sell here on the forum as you can already tell.. put it on eBay and it will fetch that amount.. or maybe more!

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
It won't sell here on the forum as you can already tell.. put it on eBay and it will fetch that amount.. or maybe more!
Nah doubt it, people these days don't have the money to pay for or get things like that and alot of people are out to get something for nothing.

I personally would rather have a well maintained and driven Imp than one that has sat so long, too much stuff can go wrong with them.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
i take it no warranty?if the dealer will warranty it i think its a good deal.
i saw one in daytona beach with 5 miles on it and he was asking $26000..think he took 22,000 but not sure..it wasn't even dealer prepped..still had the plastic on the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
It is always entertaining when one of these pops up.

The majority here like driving their cars so they automatically post based on their passion.

With the economy down,people with money are looking for investments.This may be a way to make their money grow.

He only wants a little more than it was new,go buy a new Camaro for double that and you will lose half the asking price of this Impala overnite.

Give it time,who knows the true value in 15 more years??

My wife and I have looked at this car,I sold mine to build our house.

It is the wrong color,or I would buy it.

http://www.happycarz.com/pics_and_descp.php?id=848

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Not a bad price..

I wouldn't sell mine for that and its got 29k.

Of course it's been maintained, started - and driven at least once each year..

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
problem with a car like this is you really can't drive it or you
destroy the collectible value of it because then it's just another used car....

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
problem with a car like this is you really can't drive it or you
destroy the collectible value of it because then it's just another used car....

I agree with you on the Trans Am Sprocket,but not the Impala.

Have you seen the price of new cars lately? This is a new car with a 15 year old price tag.

You could drive this car at least 10,000 miles and still keep the value it currently has. See above post.

If you are looking for a collector car,then this one is an even better deal.

Since this thread will just become a discussion,here is my point.

My friends caprice as it sits from the dealer to home.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts