Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an all original 1996 DCM with only 9,000 original miles. Zero mods other than the Dub Infared nano ceramic tint. Still has the original factory discontinued tires!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Love it!

What do you think of the tint as far as heat reduction? I've been reading/YouTubing up on "nano carbon ceramic" tint and it seems to allow much less through when the installers blast the tinted glass with a heat gun.

·
Premium Member
20,281 Posts

Gets my vote!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love it!

What do you think of the tint as far as heat reduction? I've been reading/YouTubing up on "nano carbon ceramic" tint and it seems to allow much less through when the installers blast the tinted glass with a heat gun.
I appreciate the compliment!

I live in Houston, Texas. Our summers hit 105 degrees with car interiors reaching +120 degrees. I tinted the whole front window 20% and all others 5%. I was driving it when I first bought it and was afraid the dashboard would crack. However, I did love the fishbowl look. I just felt my dash was worth the sacrifice. As for the reduction!? The difference is night and day. With the a/c on full blast it’s so cold you’ll get a headache. Even on the hottest day, you won’t even break a sweat upon entering. I highly recommend it’s with the $300 price tag.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
I’m really on the fence about 24’s or Chrome stock wheels. I like both looks. I still haven’t gotten the info I need so that I may make a decision. Everyone is pushing me towards the stocks!
It's just so clean and new. I like most that have responded are hoping you stay away from the big wheels. It's ticket bait at best. The following came from a Lincoln with 24s on it.

Not my stop but my dog alerted.

Mark: Snowman-33

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
lol, i noticed everyone about the stocks. here in Chicago i see irocs on imapals alot, i think only 22" tho, never seen bigger than that... maybe on a super lifted caprice i have.

do you consider your car an investment? or is it your car you're gonna keep it forever? bc if its yours forever, i say do it up homie. but if you may want to let it go in the future, the rims maaaaay affect the value down down the road.

do you have stocks chrome already? i didnt thinnk stocks came in chrome? do people get them plated?

-Nick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m really on the fence about 24’s or Chrome stock wheels. I like both looks. I still haven’t gotten the info I need so that I may make a decision. Everyone is pushing me towards the stocks!
It's just so clean and new. I like most that have responded are hoping you stay away from the big wheels. It's ticket bait at best. The following came from a Lincoln with 24s on it.

Not my stop but my dog alerted.

Mark: Snowman-33
Snowman let me tell you ALL my cars are ticket bait 😂😂

On three occasions I’ve been speeding 85-90 in the Jag and they either just flashed the lights to scare me into slowing or one time he pulled beside me, passed a bit and slowed down. Of course I didn’t pass and slowed w him lol he flashed his lights and exited. They all scared me haha. I got a warning in the SS for the tint. Been pulled over a few times in the caddy but always just get warning. When stopped I pull all the way over as far as I can, Lower all windows, shut car off, hands on the wheel and stay still. When he approaches first thing I always say is “Sir before we get started I just want to let you know I have my pistol on me” they respect that.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol, i noticed everyone about the stocks. here in Chicago i see irocs on imapals alot, i think only 22" tho, never seen bigger than that... maybe on a super lifted caprice i have.

do you consider your car an investment? or is it your car you're gonna keep it forever? bc if its yours forever, i say do it up homie. but if you may want to let it go in the future, the rims maaaaay affect the value down down the road.

do you have stocks chrome already? i didnt thinnk stocks came in chrome? do people get them plated?

-Nick
I like the Dub Ballers. Irocs are nice also just like the smooth look. If I go that route I plan on keeping all the stock parts for resale. Buuuut I don’t think I see myself parting with it unless I get full value. That to me as it sits stock is $28,000. Wheels were never a factory option. I’m looking at OEM dipped wheels. eBay has them for $2300

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put 24 irocs on my 95 9c1 when I first got it. It was the 1st thing I did when I got it home. I liked how they looked but I got tired of reversing 2 do a u turn, doing wide turns all the time or not being able 2 smash like I would when someone wants 2 race. I got rid of my 9c1 & now that I have my 96 ss I would never throw big rims on it. I like how it it sits on stocks with original tire size(I have hankook ventus) & I don't get pulled over like I did with the 24's.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice! Our 95 DGGM only has ~21K miles on it. We do have some bolt-ons, mostly suspension work, although still sporting the OEM tires.

She's pretty much a garage queen now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice! Our 95 DGGM only has ~21K miles on it. We do have some bolt-ons, mostly suspension work, although still sporting the OEM tires.

She's pretty much a garage queen now.

Let’s see pics! I’ve been off for awhile. She’s still stock and sitting in the garage. I’ve been focusing on a sub system for my jaguar so haven’t done anything w the SS

1 - 20 of 23 Posts