Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have instructions or a video on how to do install clear headlamps? They're appearing to be a little more than "plug'n'play" and I could use some assistance plz.

Thx, Rob

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
And no fair saying, "Mine"

Whose 'clear headlamps' we talking about there eh? FocuzTech? Some other brand?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just changed mine about a month ago and it makes a big difference in more than 1 way.. Don't have much pics but for starters you definitely have to take off the corner lights first. There is one screw on top,from inside the hood of course, holding it in then it should be able to slide out forward. Then it's just a few 10mm bolts holding the actual headlight lense. It's 2 on the side close to the hood latch and then about 2 or 3 behind the the corner lenses. Which is why u have to remove those first. Shouldn't take longer than 20-25 min even for a novice. And of course, don't forget to unplug all the bulbs which should all twist out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh and don't bother with the star looking bolts (torx). They just adjust the light beam direction. you don't even need to touch those to remove the headlight

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx guys...with your help and a little patience, I figured it out...although for whatever reason the passenger side capsule is looser than the driver's side and i'm struggling to find where it's loose at...

·
Registered
42 Posts
There's 2 bolts behind da corner lense and 1 on top. Make sure to get the one on top and just tighten everything up. Mine were a little loose too and when I double checked, I was missing one of bolts on top from the inside of the corner lense that holds da headlight in place as well

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is the bolt I'm talking about that's behind da corner light. Not the Philips screw but the one right if it that's upside down, hence why u have to remove the corner light first.. Just as reference. And the Philips screw is the one holding the corner light in.. Incase any1 else is wondering

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts