Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i'm posting this because i am in need of your help. I have been trying to contact dan for 3 weeks now, by phone and emails, and have not been able to get him. Am i missing some information, is he out of town or do i have the wrong number for him (206 988 4830).All i want is some tri-y extended hookup pipes because its the second time one of my random tech cats have gone bad and i'm mad about it. So if anyone has any other way of reaching dan could u tell him to please call me at 909 906 8815 or [email protected]. My gas mileage is suffering heavily due to this bad cat i have on my car. Thank you for the help in advance.

By the way if anyone has a set they would like to sell me, that is cool 2.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think Dan does some stuff with the army or something. He can be gone for weeks at a time when he is called on duty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by SSpanky:
I think Dan does some stuff with the army or something. He can be gone for weeks at a time when he is called on duty.
That would be with the Marines. Don't let him catch you saying he's Army. :D

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Btw, my understanding is your gas mileage should not be affected by a bad cat unless the computer is thinking there is a cat overtemp. My guess is you have a tune problem that is damaging your cats. What indications are you receiving that imply it is bad?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don2

Well previously with my other bad cat, i guess the stuff inside of it broke apart and i had that rattling sound at idle and while driving. I had George Bates tap it with a rubber hammer and all the rattling came from it, he said the cat was bad. I sent it back to random tec and they replaced it. By the way when i replaced it the noise went away, now several months later the noise is back and it is coming from the other cat, so i have concluded that it is bad also, this time i'm gonna delelte them.
Also im doing all the regular changes like plugs and wires, pcm swap, filters, blah blah, hopefully this will solve it.

For every and anyone that assisted me in contacting dan, i would like to thank you, my order is in the mail :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh... Now that makes sense. That could definitely affect your gas mileage. We had the same thing happen with a factory cat on my truck. Half of the catalyst broke and rotated inside the housing. The truck did not have any power due to the impeded airflow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The following message is posted on the Clear Image website:

"We are in the process of moving. Please be patient. Our phone number is active but only messages can be left as the number doesn't ring at any physical address. For the quickest service, please email. "

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/home.htm

I'be been most successful reaching Dan via e-mail. We've corresponded several times this week. Try e-mailing him at:

[email protected]

but copy this e-mail too:
[email protected]

Terry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've done business with Dan 3x and each time, he has been at the utmost top of his game. Always has delivered as promised and the gear is all good.

Support the folks that support our rides....it's not easy bringing specific products to market for a car that has not been produced for 7 years!

Thanks Dan!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by cire70:
I've done business with Dan 3x and each time, he has been at the utmost top of his game. Always has delivered as promised and the gear is all good.

Support the folks that support our rides....it's not easy bringing specific products to market for a car that has not been produced for 7 years!

Thanks Dan!
Here Here.Ditto.Dan is the man.Some of our B-body vendors have forgotten what good customer service is....Not Dan.These other places might remember after it is too late. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered from Dan 3 times. The service was very good. My only complaint is it took over a month to receive 2 of these orders.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What did you order? Did you call Dan? What was the interaction that you had?

Dan has always shot strait with me and given how he his, I would doubt very seriously if he'd allow that kind of delivery without at least letting you know.....

Eric

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by cire70:
What did you order? Did you call Dan? What was the interaction that you had?

Dan has always shot strait with me and given how he his, I would doubt very seriously if he'd allow that kind of delivery without at least letting you know.....

Eric
The first time a stealth bolt was sent to some other customer instead of me. The second time Spintech apparently forgot about my order for the x-pipe. Everything was eventually resolved with Dan. The communication was very good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.