Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new 9C1 about 2 weeks ago and it had a clifford alarm already installed. I noticed that the alarm remote didn't light up. Figuring it was the battery I replaced them both. The light came on but still no action from the alarm. I saw what appeared to be 3 fuses going to the underhood fuse block. One was blown, I replaced it and still nothing. I know something is still hooked up because when I turn the key to the on position the doors lock and when i turn it back they unlock. I looked under the dash and saw the window tamper sensor. The red light on it flashed when i moved it. I'm not sure what model it is but the guy at a shop I went to said it was a fairly old model. I really don't wanna mess with it too much myself cause I heard stories of clifford alarms locking up and causing the car not to start. What else could it be??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it might be in the passive mode, you can put that on when you have the car in the shop ect. this mode disables the alarm set and trigger mode.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea how I can take it off passive mode?? I know this would help if I knew the model number.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by killacam:
I know this would help if I knew the model number.
Important piece of info since they have changed drastically through the years.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any reptable auto alarm install place shop should be able to help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts