Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so this is a paging alarm.

The battery in my car died so I had to jump it.

When "charging" off the other vehicle I popped the trunk via the keyfob.

Once the car was up and running, the remote no longer works...well the remote works. But it gives me the beeps that says it isn't connecting with the dang "brain".

So do I need to reprogram the remote or what?

I plan on taking it back to the installer.....4 years old and don't expect much, so I thought I'd post here.

I am googling "Clifford RSX 3.5" for info as well.

Thanks,

Your friendly neighbor KG ;)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
should have a reset switch somewhere and should be a simple fix. Key into ignition and reset the switch

·
Registered
134 Posts
all you need is the remote. the programmer tool is for people who install these all day -- makes life easssssssy

you should be good to go.

-g

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happened to me again after a dead battery.

Unfortunately this time I couldn't get the remote to sync with the brain, but I was finally able to disarm it using the switch by just pushing it until it turned off.
cwm3

Hopefully I can get the remote to work soon. :p

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Did you figure it out yet?

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nah not the remote. Not sure why it didn't sync up this time. lol

I'm just glad I got the alarm to stop going off because those piezo(sp?) sirens inside were making me go deaf. Plus I needed to start the car to smog the thing.

Be nice to have the remote just WORK today though, lol

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
try this??????

transmitter/receiver learn routine

The system comes with one transmitter that have been taught to the receiver. The receiver can store up to 4 different transmitter codes in memory. Use the following learn routine to add transmitters to the system or to change button assignments if desired.
The learn routine may be locked if previously programmed using the Bitwriter®. If the horn generates one long honk when attempting to program the unit, the learn routine is locked and must be unlocked using the Bitwriter® before proceeding.

The Valet/Program switch, plugged into the blue port, is used for programming. There is a basic sequence of steps to remember whenever programming this unit: Door, Key, Choose, Transmit and Release.

1. Open a door. (The GREEN wire, H1/8, or the VIOLET, H1/6 must be connected.)
2. Key. Turn the ignition to the ON position.
3. Choose. Within 10 seconds, press and release the Program switch the number of times corresponding to the desired channel listed below. Once you have selected the channel, press the switch once more and HOLD it. The LED will flash and the horn will honk (if connected)to confirm the selected channel. Do not release the Program switch.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I did try that, but I guess I thought last time I pressed once and then held on the second press.

Wasn't working this time.

But yeah I looked at all that and see nothing that comments on what to press to get the remote to sync up. Other than just pressing the "arm" button on the remote while in learning mode.

I'll play around with it some more.

Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts