Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, "Do a search you lazy bastard".

Anyway, took the beast for about 400 miles of road trip the past 3 days (24MPG!)and the AC started blowing hot. It also started reading inconsistent outside temps and then sometimes blowing cold for short periods. Comp is running and the system is charged. Is this the dreaded Fleetwood meltdown of the Climate Control? Or is it the ductwork door just sticking?

If the former is it even worth the effort to disconnect the battery overnight and let it sit? I had it off battery for a month while I was working on it and seem to remember reading someone else's went nuts after hooking things back up, which they cured by letting it "reset" again the same way...?

I hate going to a Roadie system because of the plain black controls and I assume those can't be swapped?

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm not really dissing it, but it is just some pretty generic looking plastic buttons, where the FWB controls are actually rather well made.

It's the first problems I've had from any of mine. I've read others problems and been self-satisfied I never had to deal with it. yeah, well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.