Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original owner, garage kept but still after 20+ years various electrical hold down clips and the wire loom around wires cracks and breaks away in places

This fix was for the hood light cable clip and wire loom. I unplug the light for car cruise nights and the clip broke on the hold down allowing the wire loom to lay on motor. Wire loom was broken away where it rides in the clip

I didn't find any of the clips I needed in the Help section of auto part stores and no luck at the local Stealership so did the online search

Got a box (15) of clips for $6.99

www.clipsandfasteners.com

Wanted the blue stripe (heat resistant) split loom and found 100' roll of 1/4" for about $12.

www.cableorganizer.com

any of the wire loom I find in auto part stores is just the cheap stuff that does not tolerate under hood temps well if positioned close to motor

Clips & Fasteners has a lot of the various clips for GM and Cable Organizer is one of several places that sell the Blue stripe split loom in various sizes

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you, thank you! I just broke some of the Christmas tree retainers when removing the cowl vent from under my windshield, and none of my auto parts stores had these fasteners in this (long) length. I had no idea where to even start my search for these unique parts.

Great find, thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
"Blue" stripe is fire resistant... "Grey" stripe is heat resistant...

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
As a matter of fact http://delcity.net is offering 25% off on all split loom ordered until end of month. Promo code "SPLITLOOM25"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts