Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm assuming since i cannot find the thread about changing the leds in the cluster its gone.

i know how to change the bulbs but there was a thread that described on how to change the digital speedo to the color of choice, can someone provide me the how-to.

thanx.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I believe the only way to change it was to go to the craft store, get a colored clear peice of plastic (for stage lights) and cut the green one out of the cluster, and put the new one in place. I'm not sure if theres actually LED's that can be changed. Someone on here had a red and blue one they did, they looked decent.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i changed all of the other leds but since i have and extra cluster, and some free time i might as well do something instresting with it...

and thanx i'll go do to the art store in the morning...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
i dont remember if its all or just some, but even after the green paper is taken off, the meter color is still green i believe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i believe even without the green film it's very very light green. These are some pics of the dash in my old 96. I used some thick transparent film i got off ebay. I used about 7 layers of the film to get the red in these pics. Doesn't really look red but that's because of the flash let me know if you need anymore help muu

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i believe even without the green film it's very very light green. These are some pics of the dash in my old 96. I used some thick transparent film i got off ebay. I used about 7 layers of the film to get the red in these pics. Doesn't really look red but that's because of the flash let me know if you need anymore help muu

nice work, i'm gonna try and finish mines up this week. i was going to the art store in the morning but fuc'n our transportation dept decided to go on strike after the game, so now i have to drive everywhere...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.