Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled out of my garage this morning and my clutch master cylinder was acting up. It wouldn't pump up all the way (pedal height a little low) during some pumps. Up under the dash where my MC is, there was a little sign of very small amount of leakage around the piston and the cylinder base. But then, when I pumped it a few times, everything was fine. The reservoir level was just fine. Wondering if it's time to think about a new MC/SC combo kit? Perhaps these units aren't all that durable when you rig them up the way that BBHP (e.g Josh and Cricket) did? thinking about going with a Wagner lifetime warranty unit instead of the OEM one from GM. cheaper and has the warranty. anyone have any luck with manufacturers other than the GM/Delco one?

thanks-

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
...any part can break...doubt it has anything to do with how it is mounted in BBHP or F2B set up. GM hydraulics are in 100k's of cars. FWIW I have had the same GM hydraulics in the car since the swap 6 years ago.

can't say if any other "brand" is better than the OEM unit. Should be able to pick up a GM unit for around $100-$120

I am also running a modded PP so pedal effort is slightly more than a stock PP.....maybe that will wear the hydraulics faster...time will tell.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back on the road. Just got a GM 12559912 master/slave combo and put it in. Problem was a leak with the MC. Fluid ran low. Shifts like a dream now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts