Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
701 Posts
I wouldnt delete the knock sensors. If you are getting false knock, you can either turn down their sensitivity, or get an lt4 knock module. When the cel is illuminated, is there a noticable change in the cars performance? I would think that since the code reoccurs, it should be trying to go back to the normal spark advance tables, then re-triggering the code when it detects the problem again. Try testing each knock sensor terminal with an ohm meter to ground for 3300-4500 ohms for 94-95s, and 93,000-107,000 ohms for 96. If they check out, try checking the wires from the knock sensors to the pcm, and make sure the lower metal portion of the sensors are grounded to the block by testing for good continuity between them with the ohm meter.

· Registered
30 Posts
I also currently have a code 43 showing on my car and I found that it is the wire coming from the drivers side knock sensor. The insulation has burned off of it (as well as the oil level sensor) and bare wires are showing and I'm fairly sure there is at best a partial open. I would investigate the wiring near the sensors to be sure thats not an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.