Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo guys, whats the deal with this? i think that my fuel pressure regulator has gone bad but did that cause my egr valve to go also? any body else had this problem? i dont no which 1 to replace, or if one's faulty and the other one isnt. help!!!!

mike

· Registered
440 Posts
Have someone who knows what they are doing look at it. Parts for the most part may not fix that problem. Might be something as simple as a vacuum hose, something as complex as a PCM.

In the long run it may be cheaper to have it checked out professionally by someone with the right tools to diagnose it properly.

Just my .02

· Registered
17 Posts
I have the same code being thrown but the car still runs great. I usually notice tiny things but this time i cant see/feel/hear anything. Is that the way this code is? I know what an EGR does and will not do but i haven't noticed anything. Not that important just kinda curious. Thanks guys.

· Registered
358 Posts
When I first got my 94, it had the bad EGR code and thus failed emissions testing. It ran fine, started fine, etc. It really was just the EGR, once changed the code was gone and not a problem since. As mentioned, check vacuum lines to make sure the EGR is still connected first. Although I don't see any reason it would become disconnected unless someone was moving things around back there, and normally a disconnected line will have a noticeable affect on the way the car runs. An EGR isn't that much money, is a quick swap, and if you are still running the original then it likely does need to be replaced.

· Registered
1,023 Posts
OP, imp 1996, what was the outcome to your P0400 ? I am chasing the same code.

· Registered
534 Posts
Sometimes cleaning the EGR valve with carburetor cleaner does the trick. If you want to make sure it is just a little dirty and not waste money on one. Just make sure you don't get any inside the sensors in the valve that fries them. One of my friends had that code on his 96 caprice and once he cleaned it the code didn't come back.

· Premium Member
5,440 Posts
if ones car has headers or bigger exhaust and need to replace the egr valve, the f-body egr valve part number is in the parts number sticky.
I consider it an upgrade.

· Registered
1,333 Posts
if ones car has headers or bigger exhaust and need to replace the egr valve, the f-body egr valve part number is in the parts number sticky. I consider it an upgrade.
+1 GM F Body EGR Valve #17113381

· Registered
41 Posts
EGR kit

my brother is needing the B-body EGR valves and EGR solenoid does anyone have
GM part number on hand or is it sold as a kit??

thankSS

· Registered
41 Posts
found the part number for OEM EGR valves, i have the Fbody on my impala, my brothers impala is stock should i use OEM EGR or Any brand Name EGR from O'reily Napa etc..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.