Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on removing a wire terminal from one of the connectors for the coil ? It is a blade connector on the plug side. Is there a release tab inside the plug or are there some tangs on the inside of the plug or ? On 96 Impala SS. Thx for any help. Rick

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
Metri-pack release from outside of shell with very thin metri-pack tool. Takes some practice. Many metri-pack repair kits include terminals with,or without the tools.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Metri-pack release from outside of shell with very thin metri-pack tool. Takes some practice. Many metri-pack repair kits include terminals with,or without the tools.
Thx for reply. I don’t have any special terminal removal tools. I see on Amazon they sell a kit of 3 tools for terminal removal, looks like a couple of them are like picks. So I am guessing you insert the pick on the blade side of the connector to push a release tab, then pull terminal out the other side of the connector. Sound correct ? If so, I’ll order the tool. Thx for any help, Rick

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
Basically correct,but smaller Metri-Pack release tool is very,very thin. Summit/Jeg's offer them,as well as Metri-Pack repair kits with terminals,and shells. Used it many,many times. Much better than finding/buying "pigtails"...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for reply. I ordered a tool, so will try terminal removal when I receive next week.Rick

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
Yes,yes,yes....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts