Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Cold air intake questions

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  fbi9c1 
#1 ·
I installed a cai from ebay and after installing it i got a code check engine light p0100 mass air flow circuit.. Im curious is thos normal? I changed the maf sensor thinking that was the culprit but still.. Out of curiosity i switched back the stock air intake qnd it was gone.
So how do i remove the code while keeping the cai on? Also their is a outlet piece on the cai steel pipe? I believe it may be for a vacuum tube or air breather im not sure... But if it is a vaccum tube where does it connect to?

#2 ·
Don't know what year your car is but if a 1995 or 1996 the outlet piece on the CAI is the air for the vented Opti. Look behind the right side of the water pump between the water pump and the block for a vacuum hose. And no, there should not have been a code with a cold air intake. What kind is it and did you have to relocate the MAF?

#5 ·
First thing first get rid of that cai its junk and everyone will tell you the same thing here on the forum , you are better going with a k&n intake kit or check out QaloSS handbook he has a step by step home plate and first base delete procedure . Now the hose that 1963SS is talking about is part of the opti vent harness . The part of the harness thats got to the intake ducting system is the one with the blue tip as show in the attached photo .

Attachments

#9 ·
"Don't know what year your car is but if a 1995 or 1996 the outlet piece on the CAI is the air for the vented Opti."

All 94-96 B/D bodies have vented optis.

"96 caprice with a 95 super sport engine."

All B/D body LT-1's are the same, Caprice LT-1 = ImpalaSS LT-1.

The vacuum connector and opti vent harness are essential whether aftermarket or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.