21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Camera lens Automotive design Audio equipment

·
Registered
673 Posts
What's the thought behind relocating the IAT sensor?

I imagine it's so it sees cooler air temps, though I'd think it would get more accurate readings closer to the TB.

Reactions: Lance

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
Are you aware that all the LS MAF's have IAT sensor built in. One could argue that the sensor being in a hotter area could affect readings even if actual air temp is the same

Reactions: Caddylack and Lance

·
Premium Member
1993 RMW, 1996 RMW, 1992 OCC
400 Posts
Does the OEM airbox flow as well as the LT1 MAF? Like if I was pulling 400cfm through the MAF, would the stock airbox become a restriction? The LT1 MAF can typically flow like 630cfm unless it's modified, and 400cfm is enough for almost 600hp.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
I'm using an F-Body MAF. Larger than the B-Body MAF but I do not know the difference in CFM other than it is more. The F-Body MAF requires tuning.

·
Premium Member
1993 RMW, 1996 RMW, 1992 OCC
400 Posts
I'm using an F-Body MAF. Larger than the B-Body MAF but I do not know the difference in CFM other than it is more.
About an extra 100 CFM over the 3" MAF. Technically even a stock 3" with the screen in place will flow enough to provide 900 hp. The real limitation is how the ECU interprets the signal. In most cases, the ECU will peg the air flow at the max long before the MAF's max flow rate has been achieved because it can't calculate anything beyond an upper limit. There's plenty of modified engines that hit the MAF signal limit by 4000rpm, at which point the ECU switches to a fixed fueling table, which is typically a bit on the lean side. Custom tunes often redefine some engine parameters to make the max value relatively higher at the expense of fine precision. Custom ECUs can have maps that allow the entire range of airflow to be measured accurately, though that's rarely beneficial at WOT anyways.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
I have added the holes to the bottom and sides of the stock airbox.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts