0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out my intake

[CIMG0551]http://www.infopop.com/artwork/footer_logotype.gif[/CIMG0551]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cick the IMAGE button, teII it the UR, then hit ok, but a that one you put up is a ogo gif that says infopop

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the url is the address that you posted above

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but, that address that i posted above is from an example in the HELP section in this forum. i'm trying to get the picture from MY PICTURES on my computer.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey that looks pretty good. Now you just need to build yourself a shield around that filter and you will be running a true "cold air" intake. Have you noticed any improvements (gas mileage / preformance) so far?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Wow that looks Hot :cool: !! Where did you get the tubing from??

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am planning a similar intake to take my caddy box further. I'm gonna buy some 3" intercooler pipes from ebay.

Very nice engine bay!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cold air or Hot air ?

unless the metal tube is slid over an insulated pvc tube it's definately
a Hot air intake, as the metal tube is a very efficient heat exchanger :eek:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
put a heat shield around the filter to finish it off, polish or chrome

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
these are universal kits that they sell at pepboys. they're not made of metal they're plastic.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you have a pics of where you plugged in your sensors/hoses? which ones did you block off. i've been wanting to do thsi mod for a while but don't know exactly what holes to use.(for the intake, that is ;) )

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"hot air intake"
i put a home depot metal dryer hose intake on my 9c1 for a while but it got way too hot so i went back to stock... couldn't tell a diff. in horse power.
-mark

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the caddy air box that i got only had one hole, so that's where i put the sensor. try to find it at the junk yard. some come with 3 holes in that case you would have to plug the remaining holes.i eliminated the breather hose and put in a matching edelbrock breather on the left valve cover.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts