Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These days there are few options for radiators. I found the Cold Case CHI579A, which is all aluminum, has 4 cooler connections, and is "oversized 2 rows". Manufacture location is not disclosed, I suspect the orient.
https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/chevrolet/94-96-impala-ss-aluminum-performance-radiator/
It retails for $369, but I have a price of $325 plus $35 shipping to Georgia from ss396.com and gtog8ta.com. Has anyone on here used this radiator?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I were into plastic aftermarket radiators, it would be very difficult to beat $87.

That same outfit, however, also has two all aluminum Silla radiators
the 2395AA (no external motor oil cooler) for $160
and
the 2396AA (with external motor oil cooler) for $176.
The Silla 2396AA is not available. The only aluminum ones I have found are the Cold Case and a Liland Global on Amazon for $223. I've put Spectra in my other cars, but the plastic always cracks and leaks after a while.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
The Silla 2396AA is not available. The only aluminum ones I have found are the Cold Case and a Liland Global on Amazon for $223. I've put Spectra in my other cars, but the plastic always cracks and leaks after a while.
Okay, just for clarity, what's your budget, what are you willing to spend?

That'll help for further recommendations.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm willing to pay more for better quality. I hate rework. I would be happy with the $87 plastic one, but I have tried them in the past on other cars and wound up replacing them shortly after install. That is why I wanted to find out about the Cold Case. I hate to be the guinea pig, and $360 is about the most I'm willing to spend, but if it lasts 22 years like the OEM I would be happy.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Jegs has the Cold-Case radiator for $325.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Cold-Case-Radiators/359/CHI579A/10002/-1

Listed as Made in USA.

Let me know if you get one as I probably need a new radiator soon to cool the the new engine in this Texas Heat.

Michael

For all their hype, no where does Cold Case say Made in the USA:

https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/coldcasecomparison

That said - looks like a quality item. Their applications for older cars is impressive and much needed.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
IDK anything about or have heard of Cold Case. The Jegs listing shows a "made in America" logo for the product....but as noted in post above Cold Case website is void of that note....something I would assume would be front & center if they were made in USA

Given its price point it likely is not. Doesn't mean it is a bad radiator but again I have no knowledge of their product

I have a Four Seasons (FSR) and it is USA made, Michigan. It is more than $350 though...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Madamorr, that is a good find at Jeg's because of the free shipping. I read on a forum somewhere that they are made in Taiwan. I ordered the Liland Global for $182 from carparts.com. If it fails the receipt inspection, I plan to order the Cold Case.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to follow up, I sent an email to [email protected]. Here is his response: "I'd be glad to answer. I don't have videos of an install. The reviews people post would be online. I'm sure somewhere on the internet, a few customers would have more pictures or comments on it. They are designed here and made overseas. These are big 2 row radiators."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts