Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I pack a mat around my spare just incase I need to lay on the ground out on the highway somewhere so not to get messy. Keeps it from making noise too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If your full size is banging around, a smaller tire is going to bang even more.
Bolt it down as from factory.
I like knowing there is a silent full size back there.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
My 93 tow pack non-posi I believe had a compact.
The 95 non-tow/posi has the full size aluminum.
Neither of them banged around.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
My tow pack posi had a compact spare (one owner car) and my non posi tow pack had a full size spare.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I believe all posi cars were delivered with a full size as running a donut on a posi rear will thrash it in a hurry.

that said my only posi car is currently running a donut in it due to the large dent to the bottom of the wheel well that precludes using a fullsize spare.

Interestingly the car came to me with a N97 rim as the spare (I'm the 5th owner).
It'll suck if I get a rear flat as I'll have to swap out a front to run on the back.

Last time I used that POS factory jack it bent and I threw it away (one time use jack I guess). GOt a fresh one in there and my AAA card :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'm currently looking for a space saver my car I have been using a roadmaster sedan full size aluminum spare but with my 8 cube sub box in I cant get it out the spare tire well without deflating the tire

didnt know boxy spares fit i think there might bean abandoned box still at my dads auto shop parked next next to and abandoned SLS I keep begging to to get the seats and console out of lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a full size spare on an OEM aluminum rim and it does not rattle around at all. I wouldn't want a small donut. When I bought my wagon from Fred he upgraded the car to a full size spare for me. It is a tow pack car with posi but it originally had a donut.

·
Registered
528 Posts
if you have a posi and want a space saver you have to make sure the hieght of space saver is the same hieght as the tires on the car. if you have 2 different hieght tires on rear it will wear the clutches out in posi real quick

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.