Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys have no-doubt seen those sites selling the cheap 7" and 10" android tablets. I have been following them hear and there, and there are a couple that are on par with the Kindle Fire, Galaxy tab's, Firmware flashed nook color running Android(which beat the Samsung Galaxy.)

My point is: Does anyone have a site that compares these cheap double-DIN units:price wise, features, performance?

Looking to get a Double DIN, but not interested in the "TOP" brands. Getting to old to care anymore.cwm6

Either that or I want to install a tablet in the dash.

thanks guys

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Don't go less than Pioneer/Alpine/Kenwood or your just asking for problems - trust me. I do this for a living...

The Kenwood DDX-719 is cheap and 7inch w/ tilt - you used to pay 800 for that now you can get it for close to 400

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Don't go less than Pioneer/Alpine/Kenwood or your just asking for problems - trust me. I do this for a living...

The Kenwood DDX-719 is cheap and 7inch w/ tilt - you used to pay 800 for that now you can get it for close to 400

that is a good price, I'm a Pioneer man myself and they make some dam good audio equipment

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
In that case the new Pioneer 8400 will fit the bill perfectly - and just about anyone else for that matter. For the ridiculously cheap MSRP, which we all know is way more than what it will actual retail for in most stores, its a damn steal... I am an Eclipse & Alpine man myself. If the alpine z928hd 8inch (baller) high resolution DD costs too much even through an accom order I will defiantly be putting one in my Expedition. Never considered a double din until this year, and I do this for a living. The Pio 8400BH has the sexy curved older Z120 style chasis with (3) 4v RCA outs, your typical pioneer avhp interface revamped with the APP radio's functionality. Meaning it uses the iPhone for the GPS, with the addition of an external GPS antenna - your not paying out the ass for the navteq mapping. Shares the same 800x400 pixel display as the top of the line Z130. Looks like a winner. This is all provided the interface isn't slow as ****, which if it's anything like what I saw on the CES videos I may be saving my nicks n dimes for the costly alpine piece...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P8400BH

Oh yeah and not only does it tilt but its the first detachable face Ddin that looks like it isn't a steaming hunk of **** that operates/looks as if its using a fuggin 8 bit atari for its GUI.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts

I disagree, many folks with newer and better cars than our old B Body platform running tablets. FWIW I'm buying a Pioneer 4400BH or 4800BH soon. No GPS, but free app on a smart phone will take care of that.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I disagree, many folks with newer and better cars than our old B Body platform running tablets. FWIW I'm buying a Pioneer 4400BH or 4800BH soon. No GPS, but free app on a smart phone will take care of that.
Kev B's talking about the el cheapo DD's. Not a tablet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts