Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to install a compass/temp mirror in my 94 SS. I've done these before in other vehicles so the wiring doesn't bother me. I'm just wanting to do it the easiest way possible. I know the connector for the sensor is tied to the support in front of the radiator, I see it there with the two green wires in the plug. My question is, where does this come out in the cars interior? I would like to use those wires rather than run new wires if that is an option. I've searched all over the place here but I can't find where anyone says they used that factory plug on the temp sensor when they installed a compass/temp mirror.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
They should go to the HVAC module in the dash.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
If I recall, on the Chev, the wiring is only in the rad support harness and stops dead at the LF corner.
I did mine a million years ago , trying to remember .
Will look for more info tonight

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I know the wiring goes to the LF corner of a 91-93.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
The sensor is designed to limit the AC under certain temperature situations.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Yes but Chevs ac is stupid and has nothing .
No connection to outside air temp.
They don't even have evap temp
Only thing the Chev cars ( 94-96 anyway) have is the wiring in the front rad support .
Plug dangling in the middle , wiribg stopping at left front.
99% sure nothing in the harness running down the left inner wheel well to firewall.
Will check manual and some harnesses tonight to verify ,,,, or be corrected .

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Now, time to hook up the harness that you just routed. First, start with the purple wire in the engine bay. If you look on the side of the PCM, there is a connector on the side (C100 in the 96 Impala FSM) with 6 wires into it. Two of the wires from the FRONT of the car into this connector are LtGreen/Black and Yellow (Pins J & K). These wires run to the temp sensor connector located at the front of the car near the hood latch brace. You'll notice that there are NO wires coming out of the back of this connector (towards the rear of the car) on pins J & K.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
If I recall, on the Chev, the wiring is only in the rad support harness and stops dead at the LF corner.
I did mine a million years ago , trying to remember .
Will look for more info tonight
I thought about it, and the Chevy does not have the sensor, nor do any of the cars with manual AC.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I'll look for the end in the corner and take it inside the car from there, assuming I can find it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Your AC connector could have wires to it, even if they are not active. You should test the connector leads against the ones from the fender. The wires must go somewhere.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't get time for the car today, so still no update for this. I'm suspecting 95wagon will be right about it ending at a connector in the corner but we'll see...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts