Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a complete take-out lt1 from a 1996 9c1 Caprice two weeks ago that was supposed to be a runner. Upon pulling the top end to install my heads and cam, I found the cylinders to have surface rust and several cylinders to have mild pitting.

That said, I have a complete '96 take-out CORE engine for sale. In my honest opinion, this motor would make a nice shade tree beer-budget runner with a 220 hone, block douche, re-ring and bearing install. :)

Sale includes complete engine with harness, ECM, all accessories (starter to throttle body to hoses to belt), 9c1 oil cooler and lines, and motor/frame mounts. The motor was reassembled untorqued for shipping.

I can palletize the engine and ship truck freight out of my work using our account for cheap. If local, feel free to get in touch and check it out in Strongsville, Ohio.

I've (hopefully) attached a couple of picture that illustrate what I found in the cylinders. One is upon pulling the head, and the other is after a light top to bottom cleaning with a stiff nylon brush and WD40.

I can take more pictures and email them upon request.

Asking $300

-Chip

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Anyone need a complete core with all accessories, haness, ECM???

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going local for $200 this weekend. Again, totally complete B-body 9C1 lt1 engine will ALL accessories - complete throttle body to oil pan - all hoses, harness, computer, belt - EVERYTHING). Douche the bores and it's a runner!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts