Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse my ignorance but I want to make sure I get everything I need before beginning ....

I am working on restoring a '96 SS and am trying to buy all the parts I will need to rebuild the car from the frame down.

basically, I need to know of all the must/should replace parts...
The only things I know of already are the body bushings and motor mounts. What other bushings/parts do I need to go ahead and replace since I have the car completely torn apart. Again this is just for what connects to the frame in some way, shape, or fashion. Part numbers are GREAT but definately not required. I am mainly looking to know of all the wear and tear items that I need to replace. The car had 136450miles on it when I began rebuilding it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Front and rear control arms. For the rears get the extended kit, it will center the rear wheel.
The fronts, you can just replace the bushings
Think thats bout it that would bolt to the frame...rebuild the front end, ball joints, tie rods etc etc...
Do a complete flush of all fluids

·
Registered
252 Posts
Im in the middle of this also(doing airbags though). I would add fuel lines to the list and maybe some braided brake lines. When i did the tear down the fuel line going to the charcoal canister was pretty dry rotted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts