Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put DDM Tuning 6k 35watt HIDs in so now all my other bulbs look dirty. What lights should I put in the parking lights, turn signals, and corner. I know it's two 1157 bulbs and a 194. I was looking at LED but then I got to looking at load resistors and flashers but was having difficulty just finding an LED capable flasher. I have a Heavy Duty flasher and I read somewhere that that will work but I want to do it right the first time. Or should I sjust throw in some chrome bulbs and call it good? My next thing will be getting all the interior lighting to match but I believe I saw a thread for that hopefully that info is still somewhat current.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
You need an electronic flasher, the thermal ones that come with the car need more load to flash. Put 1 3 ohm flasher on each side of the car (easy to do at the front turn signals, tap into the blue and black wire on each side and make sure you don't sit it on anything cause they get hot). Those are the two things you need to make LEDs work like stock on our car. They look much better than stock bulbs. Make sure you don't get the cheapest LEDs you can find cause they won't be visible during the day and look like a dot in the lens instead of a full light.

I've had good luck with this seller on ebay. I'm also pretty partial to that style of bulb, the older ones with tiny LEDs and 60 or so of them in it look okay but the SMD ones are significantly brighter. I'd take the old ones out of my Impala if I drove it more but don't really care. I used that style on my old wagon and my TBSS and they look awesome.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1157...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Get the resistors from www.v-leds.com

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do they compare to the Putco 360s ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts