Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are have summertime weather out in So Cal so I turn my A/C on and nothing but hot air is coming out. Mind you I was on the freeway and just started going up a hill and I noticed a little shaking. I then turned off the A/C and everything went smooth. I got off the off ramp and I can hear a rattling and everyone is staring at me! I get home and noticed the clutch to the A/C compressor is totally burned and coming apartcwm3 So I know now I need to replace the compressor. But what else should I do?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Compressor and orifice tube for starters. Depending on the condition of the AC lines themselves may wish to replace them while you have the system apart already. Also depending on the condition of the AC condenser that's in front of the radiator if its damaged in any way this may be a good time to replace that as well. I think there is another part that is recommended to replace as well. But when reinstalling everything be sure to have the AC system vacuumed down since when you have the system recharged you do not want any air in the system. Also be sure to add the proper oil per instructions(see FSM or other guides for proper AC system repair. - Peter

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
For the warranty to be valid on a new A/C compressor, you must replace the compressor, oriface tube and accumulator/dryer at the same time. Also, since your compressor siezed, you should flush the lines, condensor and evaporator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts