Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Originally posted by GHOST SS (Formerly CAPRICEBANDIT):
If I recall, Mike was also Super Fast in the R/R. At least I think that is who I saw blow across the Start/Finish at Mach2!
I am certain that Mike did not road race or autocross. His car is drag only. But if ever set's it up for road racing I'm sure it would be killer.

The mach 2 Black SS flying across the start/finish at the top of 3rd gear and on the rev limiter was probably that vortech blower car from Maryland. ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Originally posted by Karl Ellwein:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GHOST SS (Formerly CAPRICEBANDIT):
If I recall, Mike was also Super Fast in the R/R. At least I think that is who I saw blow across the Start/Finish at Mach2!
I am certain that Mike did not road race or autocross. His car is drag only. But if ever set's it up for road racing I'm sure it would be killer.

The mach 2 Black SS flying across the start/finish at the top of 3rd gear and on the rev limiter was probably that vortech blower car from Maryland. ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]Karl, do you have window stickers I could put on my car when I run local races. I been in the finals 4 times this year and have my picture taken sometimes for the track web page. It may bring you somw business and it is free for you.
Just a thought.
Barry (1SlowSS)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes I do Bar, I have them with me and can get some to you at Etown. Thanks and that's a good idea.

Karl

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It was definately a blower car...and that would be who?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Originally posted by GHOST SS (Formerly CAPRICEBANDIT):
It was definately a blower car...and that would be who?
That blower car was mine.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You were ssmokin' How fast were you running across the start / finish?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ghost, I can only guess on the speed. I was predicting to myself and whoever was within ear-shot that I would be going across the start/finish line at the top of 3rd gear and on the rev limiter, (that car only has a 3-speed TH400 with GV overdrive).
And on my warm-up lap to begin the timed lap I was doing just that. So I think that is 125+ mph. That was on the 'soft-spark' rev limiter....(some people thought that was my tranny acting funny but that was just me keeping my foot in it while on the limiter).

I got off the throttle very soon before the entrance into the infield turn #1. Actually got off the throttle and brakes right at the start/finish line.

So anyway, at some point during my timed lap my blower belt shredded all of the cog teeth. I only noticed a lack of power at the infield long sweeping decreasing radius turn. So my last lap had low power going into the NASCAR turns and finish line. (it was still fun though and felt great).

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
let me know if you need some more stickers Karl. looks like they are going fast.....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
thanks Joe, (Joe is the EllweinEngines sticker producer).
I still have lots of the stickers left Joe but thanks and also, let's get your wagon on the road this week. (I have some off-time).
Karl

21 - 31 of 31 Posts