Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
96 imp ...

i'm tearing out my crusty old grey carpet and replacing it with tight black stuff. during the teardwon, i hit a snag:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffprice767/3808615590/

the console is stuck and i can't figure out how to get it off...i thought i removed all the screws (inside the armrest box and a few other) but i guess not. did i read here that they're stuck with glue stuff that you have to hit with a heat gun? here's a top view...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffprice767/3808615624/sizes/o/

also:
gotta change the transmission selecter light on the armrest ...where can i find a replacement?
i need good quality carpet for not-a-lot-o'-$ ... suggestions?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did that. two long bolts are in the storage box under the armrest. the front of the console is what seems to be stuck.

also:
gotta change the transmission selecter light on the armrest ...where can i find a replacement?
i need good quality carpet for not-a-lot-o'-$ ... suggestions?

·
Administrator
6,192 Posts
did that. two long bolts are in the storage box under the armrest. the front of the console is what seems to be stuck.
What sslowride was trying to tell you is that there are two MORE bolts in the front. They are under a rubber liner in that little area under the ashtray.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Go to autozone or walmart for a roll of carpet only 10 dollars, black, grey, ect.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm looking for something a little sturdier, like internet-ordered. i'm told by an interior guy that has since gone out of business that i can expect to spend around $200 ... anyone know where i can get it?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Bob is suggesting Right, you can't go with anything any thicker than that, or it won't contour to the Console properly, and will wind up looking like Crap.....

·
Registered
701 Posts
Board discount?

Check rockauto.com for a good buy on carpet. I got my Crown Vic carpet from them, and will get my Caprice wagon carpet from them soon. Be sure to use the board discount.
I'm ordering about 400$ worth of parts from them and have been looking for a discount code, but I think I deleted the email. Do they have a discount for forum memebers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.