Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are comments from Mike P a while back and this is the direction I am leaning towards right now, I really want to get the most for the money I have available.
"...After much deliberation on the subject, I decided to replace the lowers only. I figure I'll save ~$200 over extended package + another $400 on an extended driveshaft, maintain stock (can you say SSLEEPR?) appearance and still get the handling performance I want..."

Any comments on this would be appreciated. Will compliment the lower control arms with the F-body front bar and HO rear bar and possibly the Intrax springs. This will be the extent to my handling upgrades for now, I want to focus on engine upgrades next.
Thanks

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I agree 100%. And if you're on a budget go with the $159 BMRs.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or buy a complete set of stock length uppers and lower for $200. they are J&M Tubular with polygraphite bushings that will never squeek. these use the same size tubing as BMR and powdercoated black. please let me know i have one set left. ThankSS

nick

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, (that post must've been a LONG time ago), after I discovered BMR's prices, I decided to install extended uppers and lowers (no price difference). I also made up my mind over Christmas that I would install 3.73 gears instead of cam, so in January I also bought an extended aluminum driveshaft.

My, my, how things change....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2cts: I went with a 200 buck set of J&M's from Nick...they've got the nice, slick solid bushings too and supposedly, stout and bullet-proof like the BMR's (which I had my heart set on initially). I'll install the upper arm later. At this newby stage for me, I don't need the long driveshaft and centered wheels...I'd rather drop in an Eaton with 3.42's for the same dough...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts