Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the proper orientation of the 2 buss bars that attach to the the aux positive battery post? Or does it matter? They seem to fit fine either way. The attached diagram show the longer, 6 hole bar in front but it seems to me mine were reversed.... although I suppose I could be mistaken. We're talking images 9 & 10 in the diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is how mine came out of the box.The short bar was closest to the firewall.
Hope this helps.
Jim
Hey Jim... I really appreciate you posting those pix! The side of the fusebox shown in the pic is the side that goes towards the firewall, correct? If this is correct, all 3 of your pix seem to indicate that long bar is closet to firewall and opposite what the diagram I posted shows.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
In the first pic,I had the box twisted pretty good to take the picture.In my notes I took while doing this repair,I have written down "short bar to firewall"

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the first pic,I had the box twisted pretty good to take the picture.
Yeah, but the side we're looking at is definitely the side of the box that goes towards the firewall and looks like the long bar is on top in that pic. You can see where the short bar was sitting in your second pic (in front of the long bar, so towards the front of the car) and the way you are holding the 2 together in the 3rd also indicates the long bar goes towards the firewall. In the 3rd pic, the end of the bars you are holding are the ones that attach to the post, which is towards the engine, and the way you are holding them is how they install into the block. You have the long bar in back which is the firewall position.

I know... it's hard to remember because, especially if this is the 1st time trying to get these bars out, all your brain power goes towards just figuring that out. Then you realize... oh ****... how were those oriented?? Hence my post!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts