Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I JUST CHANGED MY CLUTCH FAN TO DUAL FANS AND MY TEMP NOT ANY COOLER AND IT SEEM IT GET HIGHER TEMP AND I WANNA KNO WAT CAN I HOOK MY FAN 2 UNDER THE HOOD INSTEAD OF THE FUSE BOX. BECUZ THIS DUDE TOLD ME TO HOOK IT UP 2 MY INJECTOR FUSE AND MY WINDSHIELD WIPER FUSE BUT WEN I TURN MY CAR OFF MY RADIO HESITATE 2 CUT OFF SO WATS REALLY GOIN ON. I NEED HELP BAD.:(

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
oops... nevermind! i just noticed you have a 92. i know this works for the LT1 im not sure for the 92s. MY BADcwm6

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Get 1 30 amp relay some wire 1 fuse holder 1 30 amp fuse some wire connectors and maybe a wire tap. Also buy one of these or something like it http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...eset-Imperial_3670008-P_N6003C_P|GRP2061A____

Hook main power to + acc. power (use fuse) then with a meter find an a 12v source when the key is on. Next find a + or ground signal from the A/C after you have turned it on and use one as a trigger for the relay (pretty sure it's +12v)

This will make one fan turn on (make it the pass side) when the A/C is turned on. Then set the dial on the temp probe where you want it to come on.

I did this conversion in about 30 minutes for my neighbor after he bought the temp sensor/switch.

Good luck if you need help wiring a relay just google it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts