Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened a year ago. Same thing, different spot. There is a coupling right around the passenger side header which popped loose, spraying coolant all over that side of the engine.

Out of curiosity, what is that coupling for? How close is the metal coupling supposed to sit to the plastic thing with the arrow on it. Sorry about the lame description, but I'm a little pissed at it right now. It's the hose that goes to the lower connection on the water pump.

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It sounds like the coolant flow restrictor which keeps the flow from damaging the heater core when it would get excessive under full throttle. There have been a couple of threads on here fairly recently about this.
Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on my 9c1, there is just a peice of copper pipe there. thats how i bought it. i saw the peice in the glove box. didn't look important. runs fine without it i think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a search for the coolant flow restrictor over the whole forum and it turned up nothing. Is there another name this thing goes by?

Thanks again, guys.

-Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The coolant flow restrictor is a part of the heater hose. Buy a new heater hose assembly from Goodyear - you can get a silicone heater hose for less than the stock piece.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually have silicone hoses to put on this weekend. I was just wondering of this thing unhooking was a common occurance and if there were any preventative measures I could take.

Thanks anyway, though.

-Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.