1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Hey Mark = good find. I've been eyeballing mine close for the past two years, but it ain't got no worse:

None i've seen in JYs look any better. It is pretty tough to get them clean inside, but it can be done. I can see why guys just paint theirs. For cosmetics only I did get repop replacements for trashed coolant and washer tanks for an otherwise clean '88 Monte.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I can't comment on the quality or fitment but I found it interesting they are being reproduced. I see some of Y'all posting FS or WTB from time to time. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Coolant-Reservoir-Bottle-Tank-Cap-Fit-94-96-Caprice-Fleetwood-12528777/123756235247?hash=item1cd07249ef:g:vA0AAOSwAItdXy9T

Mark: Snowman-33

Just to let you know that these are still available direct from GM as well. Hamilton Chevrolet has 3 of them on the shelf currently.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to let you know that these are still available direct from GM as well. Hamilton Chevrolet has 3 of them on the shelf currently.

Mike--94MSP9C1
Mike, I had no intention of stepping on your toes. I had no idea they were still available through GM. I've just seen on here people looking for a clean or new one. With that, I hope this indicates an interest in the aftermarket starting to make items for our Babes.
Time to head back out and work on my garage. Almost ready for work on my car.:smile2:

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
.... still available direct from GM as well. Hamilton Chevrolet has 3 of them on the shelf currently.

Mike--94MSP9C1

A relief. That seller may be on the up-n-up, but "not quite" up to my minimum 99.9% threshhold for drop-dead ease of mind purchasing through that venue. And get a load of the 'insightful and pro-active' (not) manner of dealing with unsatisfactory transactions. ::rolleyes:: BTW those repops for the Monte came through a --> very well respected <-- aftermarket dealer specializing in A-/G- bodies.

Like I said, Mike = a relief to know NOS is still available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts