Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
No [head] temp gauge.
However, you can check the [H2Opump's] actual coolant temp using the diagnostics in the HVAC head!
Fleetwoods do have something connected to the passenger side head's coolant jacket, but it does not constantly report head temps [as it does in Caprices].
It will, however, set off an 'engine temp' or 'coolant temp' warning light just before the engine['s lack of coolant circulation] gets hot enough to warp the heads.

I mention these idiosyncrasies because it's important to know and understand that, in the event coolant stops circulating properly, the H2Opump's temp will not climb nearly as quickly as the heads', therefore the warning light will warn you before the H2Opump 'warns' the pcm.

[I've recommended relocating the H2Opump temp sensor to the driver side head, but people start looking at me funny …]

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well we finally got everything up and running, cooling fans work now after replacing blown fuses and bad relays, put in a new water pump and radiator but couldn't figure out why we couldn't get all the air out, come to find out our dumbasses forgot to put the coupler on the back of the water pump. I did some research and found out how to access the diagnostics through the climate control settings and now everything running like it should, well with the exception of needing to charge the freon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts