Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what the sensor does that happens to be in line in one of the tranner cooler lines? I went shopping for new lines last week and found the line that has this brass block and sensor to be $147 while the other standard line was $34. I was told it was a TCC sensor but I didn't see any mention of it my Haynes manual.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Transmission oil temperature sensor.
It sends a signal to the PCM which on overheat of the fluid changes the state of the torque convertor clutch (TCC). You were told right.
What I don't know is whether it locks up the clutch sooner or prevents lock up. Whichever heats the fluid less is what it does.
Dump that Haynes manual and get a real Factory Service Manual from Helm, Inc. Expensive, but worth it.

Www.helminc.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Had this very same question a couple of years ago. I Did a L99 to LT1 Engine swap in my Caprice and had won some new tranny cooler lines off E-Bay from a California state Surplus sale of all their 9C1 Police cars. One line had the brass block on it you are referring too. In short, You do not need the brass block line unless you feel like paying big $$$ (Got mine cheap). The L99/Caprice didn't come with this option at all. I Just capped off the line with a brass plug and installed it.....Read here for the info I Got to this question! ;)

TCC Tranny Cooler line

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a temp sensor for your tranny. It is not needed at all. I bought both new lines from Dal for like $70.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So what do you do with the line that's attached to the sensor if you're not going to use the block in your new line installation?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts