Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goes without saying really. Who wouldn't favor the Caprice over the Crown Vic?

Article
Article Part 2

Fixed
On the
Road
Daily

Fails
On
Race
Day

Fix
Or
Replace
Daily

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i seen some here, still in service, norfolk pd and cheasapeake has some, norfolk has 91 to 93 model still in service.
cheasapeka sherrif has several still in service, and they all look in very good shape.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flipped
Over
Resorvation
Decoration

F u ckin
Okeys
Really
Dig em

Bacwards

Driver
Returns
On
Foot

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You buy a Ford you buy the best
You drive a mile and walk the rest!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a few buddies in a few different PD's and they all wish they could have the 9c1's back. One of the detectives i knew drove a 96 impala that they impounded and put to use for several yrs and let me tell you it was bad ass seeing that thing fly by lights blazing after someone.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is one good thing about Ford - they circled the main problem...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are still several 91 92's in service at our County Department. I go to the annual county auction and seems like half the crown vics are around 90,000 - 110,000 miles and with a bad transmission
Then the 200,000 + caprices go for alot more than any of the vics

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Constently
Having
Every
Vehicle
Recalled
Over
Lousy
Engineering
Techniques

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know it's the weirdest thing... Chevy Caprices never had to be recalled because of an engineering problem where rear end collisions would cause the fuel tank to be punctured like Crown Vics did.

Oh yeah, cops would rather drive 100,000K mile Caprices than brand new off-the-line Fords as well. But what do they know? They just use the vehicle for 8 hours a day, and have to depend on it and trust it with their lives.

Poor
Old
N*$$A
Thinks
It's
A
Cadillac

:D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a Caprice/Impala lover myself and I hate to tell you for every 10 cops that love the caprice there is 10 cops that love the Crown Vic.You make it sound like every single cop eveywhere prefers the Caprice. The only difference is Ford wasn't stupid enough to stop building the Crown Vic and surrender all their sales from the police departments and taxi companies the compition. :D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To each his own. I've seen you 2 tone Caprice. That's pretty sweet,it looks awesome with that paint job!! I also love the Buick wagon. I own a 78 Buick Regal with FACTORY bucket seats,floor shifter,Full Gaugaes and turbo hood. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by FastFatty:
I'm a Caprice/Impala lover myself and I hate to tell you for every 10 cops that love the caprice there is 10 cops that love the Crown Vic.You make it sound like every single cop eveywhere prefers the Caprice. The only difference is Ford wasn't stupid enough to stop building the Crown Vic and surrender all their sales from the police departments and taxi companies the compition. :D
Have to keep in mind as well that of those 10 cops that love the Crown Vic, probably 8 of them never even saw the Caprice in service. They are old cars now, after all.

Anyway, this discussion is soon to be pointless. The police edition Charger will be better. I really like my 9C1, but I have no delusions.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by FastFatty:
To each his own. I've seen you 2 tone Caprice. That's pretty sweet,it looks awesome with that paint job!! I also love the Buick wagon. I own a 78 Buick Regal with FACTORY bucket seats,floor shifter,Full Gaugaes and turbo hood. :D
:D Thanks, you know I don't get many compliments on the Buick. Once it's up and running again and it's got a new paintjob I'm sure people will start seeing what I've been seeing in the car all along. It's seen better days, and it's gone from being a gem, to being a diamond in the rough. Once I'm sure what I want to do with it, I'll probably post a list of things to do on my cardomain page.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have had many cops tell me they wish they could still drive my caprice...and a cop that pulled me over like the car I was driving.

I love it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Our local K-9 unit had a 96' 9C1, and our force hated their vics and wanted Piercings 9C1. They still call him and our Z-28 Highway Patrol car when somebody needs "catchin" at high speed. I suppose this speaks volumes for our cars. Because....that 9C1 was RETIRED 5 yrs ago. But they still keep it...just for that situation. I have also been let go 8974237412937 times because of being A. Polite B. a big beautiful sparkely 9C1 with Tv's....seriously! they get me out of my car to ask questions about it!

All the cops I know hate thier vics...When they try to do a smokey burnout in them....nothing happens! I've seen them try! haha

Forgotten
on
Race
Day

Fukked
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge

Find
One
Running
Dude!! :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, most cops love a Carpice over the Ford for how much power they have. Some agencies like to using their Fords for being stable (slow). Not every cop on the beat is a professional driver and have had wrecks in a Caprice for too much throttle around corners in pursuits. If the officer knows his or hers Caprice and what the vehicle can do, they are unstopable.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just to end this pointless argument (ON A CHEVY WEBSITE!)
I work for a constable who drives an 04 crown vic and he loves the caprices/impalas. One day he took me for a ride in his cruiser and stomped on it, it was fast but it was no competition. I asked him if in his opinion it would out run my caprice, he immediately said no way. One night he was off duty, and we took both cars out to an almost abandoned highway and raced... as many of my chevy lovin friends would have guessed, my car ate his car for lunch. The new crown vics are pretty pumping cars compared to the other b-body type of 04 time period, but we still got top slot.

FOUND
ON
ROAD
DEAD

-MARK

1 - 20 of 21 Posts