Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both cornering lamps in my impala are not working. The fuse is ok, the bulbs are new, the turn sig flasher is good and the hazard flasher is also good. I replaced both bulbs after realizing that they were either cloudy or some kind of milky color inside the bulb....weird i know. this did not make a difference. worried because im not sure if they are supposed to be in working condition to pass inspection. n e ideas?

thanks. spencer in PA.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Cornering lamps are an option so they should not be required to pass inspection as long as your turn signals work. I would check wiring and fuses.

·
Registered
502 Posts
One of mine works, the other doesn't. I'll follow this post to see if ideas come up.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Both cornering lamps in my impala are not working. The fuse is ok, the bulbs are new, the turn sig flasher is good and the hazard flasher is also good. I replaced both bulbs after realizing that they were either cloudy or some kind of milky color inside the bulb....weird i know. this did not make a difference. worried because im not sure if they are supposed to be in working condition to pass inspection. n e ideas?

thanks. spencer in PA.

Did you turn on the parking/headlights while testing them????

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
AS hussker stated above, the parking lights have to be on to make them work, make sure that you check the correct fuse, the FWD LMPS FUSE in the I/P fuse block. attached is the diagram for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cornering lamp issue understood!

Thanks for the replies. I did not realize that the parking lights had to be on. Hence the fact that they are only necessary for nighttime turning. I still do not understand why both bulbs were a foggy milky color inside and in need of replacement at the same time? Anyway thanks much to everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts