Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the Corvette engine covers, fuel rail, valve cover, and throttle body linkage cover. Would like a complete kit for my 96 SS but I'll take it whatever for the right price.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
The covers are hard to find inexpensively. They are on ebay for about $85, but not sure about the hardware. The throttle cover might still be a GM item. I bought one a few years ago. Try the GM dealer that is advertising in the group purchase area for Opti Sparks.

Tim

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have some fuel rail covers for $60 +shipping

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You have pics?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Corvette fuel rail covers

I have a set allready notched that I used once no tabs broken with mounting studs 70.00 shipped SOLD

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, guess I should have just held out a bit longer. Payment already sent to Garrison.

I have a set allready notched that I used once no tabs broken with mounting studs 70.00 shipped

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Received and happy with purchase. These are going to be fun cwm6

If anyone has links to current parts I need or wants to sell I'd appreciate it. Looking hard for the Camero throttle linkage cover.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Received and happy with purchase. These are going to be fun cwm6

Great!

Look around for photos of these installed. There are several different ways to route the fuel lines and electrical harness. I prefer the corner cut out to route the fuel lines. Red paint in the CORVETTE lettering sets them off too. I remember a simple re-routing of the brake booster vacuum line is necessary too.

Feedback left in the feedback section.

Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, not quite my style. I'm trying to remove unneeded wires and hoses or at least hide them ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what part number is needed for the corvette engine covers?
P/N 10260166: Camaro Accelerator Linkage Cover
P/N 10242904: Accelerator Linkage Cover Bracket
P/N 11505169: Accelerator linkage cover Screws (10)
P/N 20038997: Clip for Accelerator and Cruise cables (you need 2)
P/N 10214035 or NAPA 9806: Corvette brake vacuum booster hose

The clips I found, but everything else is difficult to find. If NAPA doesn't have the hose I'll probably just get some silicon tubing and rerun it with that. I have the rest of the stuff on my old 97 T/A but I gave that to my Dad :( If that car wasn't so clean I'd go yank it and that T56 tranny.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
P/N 10260166: Camaro Accelerator Linkage Cover
P/N 10242904: Accelerator Linkage Cover Bracket
P/N 11505169: Accelerator linkage cover Screws (10)
P/N 20038997: Clip for Accelerator and Cruise cables (you need 2)
P/N 10214035 or NAPA 9806: Corvette brake vacuum booster hose

The clips I found, but everything else is difficult to find. If NAPA doesn't have the hose I'll probably just get some silicon tubing and rerun it with that. I have the rest of the stuff on my old 97 T/A but I gave that to my Dad :( If that car wasn't so clean I'd go yank it and that T56 tranny.
I think that is the throttle cover not the injector covers............

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
lighted - looks good

If you do some searching you will find a lot of info on installing the Engine dress kit. The impalaSS handbook has plenty of info in there as well and check the forum for other posts. Here is a link to my post from when I did my install.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=229815
I lucked out and found a complete kit on Ebay a while back. Be prepared to do some mods to get this to fit correctly. Move wire harness a bit to hide it and also use some washers under the studs to get a littler more clearance.

I really like that lighted wire stuff. I was thinking about painting mine red but may go with the Red lighted wire instead and wire it up to the Ignition on switch. Do these wires get warm at all? Just concerned with the plastic covers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you do some searching you will find a lot of info on installing the Engine dress kit. The impalaSS handbook has plenty of info in there as well and check the forum for other posts. Here is a link to my post from when I did my install.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=229815
I lucked out and found a complete kit on Ebay a while back. Be prepared to do some mods to get this to fit correctly. Move wire harness a bit to hide it and also use some washers under the studs to get a littler more clearance.

I really like that lighted wire stuff. I was thinking about painting mine red but may go with the Red lighted wire instead and wire it up to the Ignition on switch. Do these wires get warm at all? Just concerned with the plastic covers.
Yeah I was actually going off of this write up...
http://www.goldsswagon.com/Impala SS Technical Archives.htm

Just trying to gather parts to make em fit now. I need that Camaro throttle linkage cover bracket to allow my wire harness to pass by the throttle. Stock Impala one puts it's slightly over the valve cover. Going to pick up my brake booster vacuum hose later from NAPA.

I did like the fuel gauge, wouldn't mind adding that to mine but I'm getting too many projects going ATM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts