Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a '94 'vette oilpan fit in a B-body, and are the injectors the same as a '96 LT-1. This is an engine I just finished with L.Elliott heads and 845 cam, I'd like to butten it up if this pan will work.
Thanks for any help,
Vince

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IF THE VETTE ENGINE IS AN LT1, THEN IT WILL FIT.... AN LT1 BLOCK IS AN LT1 BLOCK IS AN LT1 BLOCK... THE INJECTORS WILL FIT, BUT THEY MAY BE RATED DIFFERENTLY, STOCK IMPALLA INJECTORS ARE 26LB/HR @ 40 PSI, THE VETTE PROBABLY HAS DIFFERENT RATED INJECTORS, BUT THE 26S WILL BE GOOD FOR UP TO ABOUT 320 HORSES OR SO, SO UNLESS YOU ARE GETTING SIGNIFICANTLY MORE POWER OUTOF THE NEW HEADS, I WOULDJUST INCREASE THE FUEL PRESSURE AND CALL IT GOOD. WHEN YOU CHANGE INJECTORS YOU HAVE TO GET NEW TUNING... SO SAVE THE EXPENSE IF IT IS NOT NECESSARY. I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL CHIME IN IF I AM WRONG ABOUT THIS BUT THAT IS MY UNDERSTANDING FROM A PRO LT1 BUILDER. HE TOLD ME THAT I PROBABLY WOULD NOT HAVE TO UPGRADE MY INJECTORS WITH A CUSTOM GRIND CAM AND PORTED AND POLISHED LT4 HEADS AND MATCHED INTAKE WITH A 58 MM THROTTLE BODY.. HE SAID I WOULD HAVE TO UPGRADE TO 32 LB INJECTORS ONCE I STROKED THE ENGINE TO 396CU IN.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by NJ96ISSB195K:
Will a '94 'vette oilpan fit in a B-body, and are the injectors the same as a '96 LT-1. This is an engine I just finished with L.Elliott heads and 845 cam, I'd like to butten it up if this pan will work.
Thanks for any help
Y-body LT1 Oil pans WON'T fit. It has a longer forward area to the sump and will contact the crossmember.

The injectors are the same however. Both Y and B-bodys use 24.7pph injectors.

As for Mr. Caps lock, it wound appear that he hasn't actually SEEN a Y and B-body oil pan side by side.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kelly The pan looked longer then I remembered on the one in the car just double checking, and I wanted to make sure the connector end of the injector was the same.
thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 95 9C1 put a 500hp Brosis fuel pump and my stock injectors handle the amount of fuel fine! Easy way to make my car just that much faster!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
16 year old thread,,,, but OK I bite.

"499 hp at fly wheel, and 500hp Brosis fuel pump"

What is a Brosis pump , and what do you have to make 499 hp
?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts