Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought the corvette servo, with longer pin off ebay, bcz the guys at aamaco trans. told me my servo was going bad , they said they dont even hafta pull the tranny to install the servo, so was wondering if its diy possible, anybody ever done it???

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Did they tell you to buy it? Or did you just buy it yourself? Servos are hard parts, I've never heard of one breaking. You may have a leak in the seals though. You can replace the seals yourself, but it's a sucky job with the trans in the car. You'll need to remove the passenger side catalytic converter and trim the heat shield to get it out. You'll need a replacement servo o-ring set from any trans parts vendor.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they told me, my servo was going bad, they were ganna charge like 90 bucks to replace it, i bought one myself on ebay, and figured if they could do it in the car i could..

·
Registered
84 Posts
they told me, my servo was going bad, they were ganna charge like 90 bucks to replace it, i bought one myself on ebay, and figured if they could do it in the car i could..
If your car has the LT1 you already have/had the Corvette servo.

I have never heard of one going bad either, just the rare servo o-ring failure...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts