Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 94-95 9C1 and a couple that I have called on have similar problems.

First is the "digital dash". Two of the three cars the dash is out. Is the speedo and everything digital or just the odometer? One guy specifically said odometer, that's why I'm asking. So regardless, what is the common fix and how much should I expect to pay?

Second what should I expect to pay for a new or rebuilt alternator?

Thanks!

Ed

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the speedo, odometer, and trip meter are digital.........oil pressure, volts, fuel level, and temp are analog........youll have to get a new one or find a used one and have your mileage switched over...the price will vary of course depending on how much the owner wants to let it go for, if you get a used one, but i dont know how much a new one is

as for the alternator i dont know, ive never looked into it, but being its a 140 amp it cant be cheap

hope this helps a little bit, chris

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st you might check the black out option. Its a little button left of the stereo, its used to black out the dash. When I bought my '95 9C1 LT1 (LOVE IT) the back lights did not work, but the speedo did. As far as the alt. a rebuild should be around $40-$60. Oh, and sometimes dash clusters ore on EBAY for around $80-$100

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you cannot find the blackout switch, just turn on the parking lights. If your cluster is good, you will see the spedo light up. If you dont mind digging in the bone yard, you should be able to find a used one. If you are going to buy one of these cars, make sure you buy one with the LT1 engine. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts