Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would cause new spark plugs to turn black within 50 miles, I know it means flooding, but what would cause this?
2. would this be the reason my car is not running.
my fuel pressure is at 45 psi.
95 caprice lt1

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I think I'd check for codes.... Has the the engine light ever came on for anything? Maybe the dash bulb is burned out... cwm7 I'd think you should be getting some kind of code if the car is running that poorly... A bad coolant temp sensor (in the water pump) can cause the car to run rich, but that's just a random guess. It could be a lot of things... What all has been done to the car recently? How long have you had this problem? What did you do to the car before the problem started? cwm4 Johhny 5 Need input!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
man the car sat for a year and just has been running like garbage since, I changed plugs and the car ran perfect, but guessing it went back to garbage since the plugs fouled, barely can get her started, and when it does start it runs on like 6 or 5 cylinders. no codes and dash cel light works. I just pulled the plugs today just to check since I haven't driven the car since installing them. right now I'm having a shop replace plugs, wires, pcv valve, coil. they are going to check for stored codes tommorow.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it could have been from Me repeatadly* trying to start the motor when I had a starter issue, at least 40 times without the car turning over.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
it could have been from Me repeatadly* trying to start the motor when I had a starter issue, at least 40 times without the car turning over.
Possible,but from my understanding the fuel injectors will not dump fuel unless it acutally cranks,turning key forward with no crank would only prime up to the fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it would crank, just not turn over. well how dirty these spark plugs were ok hoping I finally fix this problem. yes the light has conme on before but not since the car starting running poorly. I will report back once they tune her up.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahh they scanned the computer and said the coolant temp sensor was shorting and causing the car to flood, anyway I went with ac platinum spark plugs, duralast wires, new coil and pcv valve and she is running perfect, I mean wow, nothing but power, I'm going to have them do a oil change and in going to bring it home tommorow.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn I ain't see that man, it feel like Christmas though. she cranked right up like she used too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they charged me 45 to change that 5 dollar sensor without consulting me first, but I'm not even mad, thanks for the advice everyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts