Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just bought a fleetwood and have been looking for some pics and can't find any.

Mine is black/black with grey guts. I think I'd like to set it up to look a little touring style.

I'd like to see pix with a monochromatic grille mesh - that also has the bumperettes removed.

Also, I really like the look of SS springs and wheels, but I'd also like to see if anyone has pics of a FWB on C5 corvette wheels or american racing soft 8's.

I think blacking out all the chrome and running C5 wheels might look amazing.

Anyway, thanks for helping if you can.
John

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
-- this one:
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=227960

Lotsa good stuff in there. Not long after my re-paint (in '02) a once-frequent poster guy did a gray PS to a full frontal shot of my grill. Doubt it lasted through the 'Crash', but do a search on my handle just for grins - - most my posts that era were in FWB.

Your scheme sounds interesting. I tried no fewer than 4 setups before settling on sacked out SS springs as best all around - it's just too easy to get the look "TOO Low" before the "lo-rider theme" distracts from noticing anything else about the car.

Story alert: Right after the re=paint (and with the SS wheels) I tooled into the equipment warehouse at work to snag a little generator for the weekend, and the crusty old black shop supervisor eyeballed it and the only thing he said was, "them wheels ain't right for that ride." I resisted a "Well duh..." All I did was agree and said they came off my Impala SS and were temporary while I hunted for a set of '02 DTS factory turbines to pick up and get widened.

He knew EXACTLY what I was after and just nodded a silent approval. I would still love that look, but the wheels? $1,500. The adapter/spacers probably $1,000. The widening at least $900. More than the car is worth.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been through that lowrider bonanza more than once and searched my face off.

The colored grill wasn't so much the request as was seeing one along with the shaved bumperettes.

And I agree with you on stance. Like I said, a touring / performance stance is the hotness. I'm not looking to scrape the car on everything, just give it a little altitude adjustment on the cheap.

It was between a black FWB and a DCM SS - and with 4 growing kids and a wonky lower back, I went with comfort and legroom.

Anyway, I love your ride and I love that thread, ESPECIALLY Revoh's pics that kicked it off - but I'm asking for pics that I hadn't found after what I thought was a respectable due diligence.

Thanks,
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts