Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interior lights won't go off in my car. All my doors are closed and i don't have them on. The last time this happened my alternator was going out and when I replaced it they went off. I wanted to know if this is what happens when it's time to replace your alternator or is there something else wrong. It's a 95 Caprice.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I had this issue after a heavy rain once- pulled the fuse, popped back in the next morning and the interior lights worked properly from then on.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
The dimmer switch has a seperate set of contacts for the courtesy lamps. The contacts could be shorting in the off position. The other possibility is the dome/courtesy light relay. The relay is probably located in the convenience center under the DS dash

·
Registered
6 Posts
having the same problem

I have a 95 impala ss and have a similar problem, my interior lights are flickering on and off and sometimes staying on this is even with the fuse out. if i put the fuse in and turn the key on the lights work properly, but if i turn the key off the lights stay on. i've replaced the headlight switch, alarm/ interior module and double checked all door switches. If anyone has had this problem and solved it please tell us how. thankscwm1

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had the same issue and my doorjam switch was loose. I could actually turn it by hand. Once I tightened it down the problem was fixed.

On a related note does anyone know of a relay/module that reduces the time that the interior lights stay on from the standard 30 seconds to something shorter? I hate waiting 30 seconds in the cold to make sure the dome light goes out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.