Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the intense heat/sun we're having and having a Black car, I've been looking at something for the Windshield to protect the interior (especially the dash) and try to keep the heat down while it bakes in the parking lot all day.

I've never been a big fan of Windshield Covers that you see in windshields that don't quite fit right or have areas where they don't cover the entire windshield. I stumbled across these and thought they were pretty nice and are custom fit to the B-Body Windshield --->> http://www.waxdepot.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

The only drawback I see is that this is a rigid foam that will NOT fold up and fit in the glovebox. They fold up accordian style but the length is pretty long that storage would have to be the backseat or the trunk. I would consider getting the storage bag for it as well.

From the attached website, it appears the SunShield with the cover will be about $55 plus whatever the ship cost is. I would like to contact some of the vendors that carry these and see if I can work out a Group Purchase price with them. In order to do this I would like to see how much interest there may be from the Forum Members.

I will contact them and see what kind of discounts I can work out. Hopefully there will be a lot of interest and see if I can get some pricing based on 5, 10, 25 or 50 members. I'll wait to see what kind of interest I get from this post and then start some follow up with different vendors to see what kind of discounts they are willing to give and we can go from there.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ttt

Need to get some more interest or this may not be worthwhile. Anybody else?

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
I have these for both of my B-bodies and like them alot. Yes it's a cumbersome object, but it fits the windshield exactly and really does the job well. I fold it up and stash it in the rear passenger leg room area and put it in the trunk when I have passengers back there, which isn't often at all.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I've had one of these since I bought my Impala new. Got one for my truck too. They are a great fitting, very durable piece.

I'd be interested in another one, so I don't need to keep swapping mine from the Impala to the wagon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
968 Posts
I am interested also

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it really does fit properly, then I am in.
Send me two, please.

I already have the generic ones, same construction, much less money, so it would HAVE to fit very accurately to be justified at anywhere near that price.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Add me to the list

From sunny Florida...

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it really does fit properly, then I am in.
Send me two, please.

I already have the generic ones, same construction, much less money, so it would HAVE to fit very accurately to be justified at anywhere near that price.
Fitment? - Don't know personally, only by what I've read on "their" websites. But I'm commited to getting one for myself regardless of where this GP goes. Looks like from what member "Needles.Kain" said, these seem to fit pretty good. I agree the price seems high for a Winshield screen but the junky fold up ones go for $20 or more. I would gladly spend another $20 for something that fits and works.

Nice to see we got a good amount of interest and thanks for the feed back Needles on your experience on these. I will give it another couple of weeks to see what kind of numbers we get. Then I'll start to contact some of these vendors to see what kind of price I can, bargain, beg and negotiate for us. Hopefully it will be a good shipped price. :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Fitment? - Don't know personally, only by what I've read on "their" websites. But I'm commited to getting one for myself regardless of where this GP goes. Looks like from what member "Needles.Kain" said, these seem to fit pretty good. I agree the price seems high for a Winshield screen but the junky fold up ones go for $20 or more. I would gladly spend another $20 for something that fits and works.

Nice to see we got a good amount of interest and thanks for the feed back Needles on your experience on these. I will give it another couple of weeks to see what kind of numbers we get. Then I'll start to contact some of these vendors to see what kind of price I can, bargain, beg and negotiate for us. Hopefully it will be a good shipped price. :)
Thanks for working this up for the group. Hopefully in numbers there is buying power and savings!

Barry

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
I bought the slip cover the first time and quickly figured out it wasn't useful and would recommend you all not bother purchasing it...it's just not convenient at all to try and shove that beast into a slip cover, so save yourselves some money.

These fit the windshield exactly, with nary a quarter inch to spare around.

I always have dealt with AutoAnything for these types of purchases, shipping is free so it may be as good a deal as the other outfit:

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A1228A0A0.aspx

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Doesn't look good

Hi everyone, thank you for your interest in this proiduct. After contacting 4 different vendors, I only found one willing to do this and the discounts would not have been great and could have been difficult to coordinate due to their setup.

Most vendors I spoke with said the pricing is already low and they would not do anything for us. Here is an example of the response I got from 1 vendor.....

I am sorry it took so long to answer, but getting your answer was involved.
The prices are slashed to the bone, already, there is so little profit on these small parts, after you subtract the credit card costs and the clerical and staffing and shippers, there is very little left.

Of the companies I contacted, there was only 1 , Autoanything, that was willing to do this for us. However, I would need to collect all the money first and then place the order with them. They were not able to set up a discount code that we could place our own orders. For the amounts involved, it just didn't seem worth all this effort. Besides I can buy just 1 cheaper than $50 from another vendor without all the work involved to do this. If someone else is interested in taking this on, you may contact Noel at x7076. But here was the cost breakdown he gave me.

1 - $49.95
10 - $44.96
20 - $42.46
30 - $39.95

1 - 17 of 17 Posts