Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The g.p. is a go (finally)...

call american sports car designs @ 1-865-982-3091

the g.p. code is 'smokinss' ($425)

the hood is still to light for stock struts so you can either order them direct from rex or get them @ your local advance auto (strong-arm #4750).
Originally posted by:kdcm96ss

now for the spoiler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen the thread in the for sale section, but just to clear things up so people don't have to read through the whole thing to find info, can we post it here?

Most importantly though, I'd like to see some pics. Underside, top, side, etc. - can we get someone to post them?

Also, what is it made out of? How much is shipping? How good is fitment? Any other info that we should all know before spending over $425.

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi it is a fiber glass cowl hood. It is a New offering and is not listed on there website yet(not sure when and if)If you call or email American sports car designs @ 1-865-982-3091 or [email protected] Ask to talk to Rex the owner. There was a few prototype hoods made and they had to make adjustments to the mold. I may have some of those prototype pic`s But they were of the Prototype hoods. The New redesign changes has taken care of the flaws. The under side or (belly is smooth).I will have one of the first and take pic`s and post. Hi pic`s of the Prototype hood are on page one of the link http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=009381;p=1
at bottom of page. I am not sure Who`s car it is because someone posted the pic`s for someone else. I think they are of kdcm96ss but I am not sure.
Hope this Helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by MadMav:
Just checked their website, and they don't have one for the SS/Caprice. Can you be more specific?

Thanks,
Mav
it's just another version of the many that are out there. different style as the crown is not as noticeable as on the glasstek. it's just boils down to what mfr. floats your boat i guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What happen to the others that were in on the hood deal??? I thought one guy wanted two of them? I told them to forget my GP and send me my hood I could not wait any longer. so I will have to be replaced in the GP sorry all. I need it now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi all here is a pic of my new hood .If I can get this to work.
small spine
2 1/2in cowl
my Lionel Eden Bumpers

hood already cutout in back and screened

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by SSGUSS:
I thought one guy wanted two of them? I told them to forget my GP and send me my hood I could not wait any longer.
what happened? did the girl taking the order give you some static and charge you full price? i had this set up and it shouldn't have mattered who or when you call in.
i'll call rex tomorrow and find out what the deal is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I told the girl i could not wait for anyone to order their hood and i needed my hood now. She said I may have to pay list and she would let me know. with that I got a call from FedEx saying it was being shipped. It then came to body shop and next day i got bill for hood. They did charge me the GP price. they just never called and told me what I was going to paid like they said. The hood looks great. They body shop has a few people on vac. so now i have to wait for the guys to get back before the car will be finished.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to Jimsterlok for putting up my picks. The smooth bumpers are Lionel Edons from CA very nice. I can not wait to get this thing all done.
Hood has a nice line to it in the center. not like my 67 f=body but I think it suites are body lines well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by SSGUSS:
The smooth bumpers are Lionel Edons from CA very nice.
ditto on the bumpers. i've had a set of lionel's on my car for 4 years and have been very pleased with them. unlike the 'other' sources for these bumpers, lionel 'the original smoothie' eden makes a quality product. :cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.