Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a custom hood for a 96 ss. If its already DGGM that would be amazing but I know it's a long shot. The car I'm buying has a cowl hood but it doesn't sit flush so he said he'd drop the price 350 if he could keep that. Since it don't sit flush is that a hard fix. I was thinking it'd be cheaper to buy a new one

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I hope you're at least getting the factory hood reinstalled in the deal. Any hood will require adjustment to sit square,and level. Sometimes the top edge of the fender needs to be raised as well. I like my "Suncoast" hood,but after the cost of painting, it adds up to a lot more than $350. I'd be tempted to make the hood fit,then to start all over.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I appreciate the advice and yes I get the stock hood either way if I buy the aftermarket or not. Only problem is its an hour away and I don't have a truck to haul the hood back.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I sold a hood to a guy who didn't have a truck. Told him to remove his old hood at home,and drive to my location w/o the hood. Once he got here,we hung the hood on his car in 10min. He was one happy cat when he left.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Genius

Thats actually really smart I would really hate to make the trip again though it a little over an hour drive down all country roads. I'm gonna figure something out though

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Think of it as a "shakedown cruise". I know later you'll regret letting that hood slip through your fingers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts