Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been in and out of my car chasing codes and worn parts. The same issues keep coming up #1 crankshaft position sensor code #p0336 that I changed. Then #2 my opti code #p0307 misfire cylinder number seven. I changed my opti because my code reader suggested I did and the symptoms added up. So in changing my opti my CKP sensor along with seals and harmonic balancer. I get it back together and the dame Crankshaft position sensor is throwing a code again. It is new so I’m at a loss and the car runs like crap. It has taken me 1500 in parts and tools to get this fixed any suggestions it’s really frustrating. It’s been to the mechanic and I replaced a lot more than that even so it has to be close to figure out by now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The opti/distributor was p0307 and the crankshaft position sensor was p0336. Both parts just changed and the mechanic did the crankshaft sensor. The car still stalled so I bought a reader and been doing it myself. First code for me was distributor with a misfire number seven cylinder and that’s what I was thinking it was anyway. Now that I replaced the opti it throws the CKP sensor again. If anyone can help me get this fixed I’ll throw you some money.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Well ,you should have left the opti be since they don't fail on an individual cylinder.
If you don't have service manuals ,and skills to diagnose these issues. You'd be
advised to take it to someone that does. Hope you kept the opti ,as it was likely higher
quality than the one that took it's place. We already know the problem is #7. So ,I'd start with
that plug wire ,injector wire failure ,etc,etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s exactly what my next move is do you think the coil plug being bad could cause these codes? Because that needs replaced for sure I have reset the check engine light as well 3 times and that crankshaft position sensor keeps throwing my engine light back on could there be a false code thrown over other issues?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I don't mean to be picky BUT, I think your next step is to learn some sentence structure and punctuation. Whta you have posted here is difficult for some to read, hence the oppurtunity for help goes way down

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't mean to be picky BUT, I think your next step is to learn some sentence structure and punctuation. Whta you have posted here is difficult for some to read, hence the oppurtunity for help goes way down
I changed it ! thank you for the heads up. I get agitated and start throwing words out sometimes.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
No ,the coil will not continually misfire on the same cylinder. Focus on that cylinder....

·
Registered
1991 impassta
1 Posts
I generally swap injectors first when trying to identify missfires as its usually quicker , swap#1 and #7 and see if the missfire moves. If it does not, swap spark plug #7 to # 3 and see if the missfire moves. If you have a compression tester now would be the time to check the #7 hole while the plugs are out. Compare it with #3 since that plug is also out. If the compression is close, reinstall the plugs and see if the missfire is still on #7. If so change the wire to the #7 plug. Confirm missfire gone and install the rest of the plug wires. Just my process. Hopefully it helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts