Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas, i have a few questions? I have in 96 ss with motive 373 gears w/ reclutor and a shane's lvl 3 tranny wit edge 3k tq convertor. I got the gears installed around march of this year...and sice then they have neen whining pretty hard. A good friend (rocko 350) told me a while ago that if they whine for a long time, that there were going bad.

as for shane lvl tranny we installed that around june-ish...now that set up was running fine for the summer minus othere lil maintence thing i had to take care of. NOw since last month I had a minor trans leak I got that fixed....it was the o-ring...why I dont know

I have an 2nd car so I really dont drive it as much as i used to but when I do drive it there's a nice grind/rumble thats coming from the rear. I though it was because I drop the ss and the subs was causing thebody to rub the wheels, but my wheels are 275/40/17..but thats not the case..

here's how it goes: from 1st to 2nd is cool no worries, as soon as i step on it a lil from 2nd to 3rd the grind/rumble comes in///it seems like the drind/rumble goes on until the wheels can catch up to the rpms of the trsnny....that what it seems like, BUT IM NO CAR TECH AT ALL...now from 2nd to 3rd if i step on it and not even floor it...it seems like the tranny slips cuz the rpms will shoot up but the car will not go faster?

the thing is that I am ready to get this motor stroked/ s.charged/ TT/ whateva....but I afraid to even touch that motor if the rest of the car supporting parts are not working? if anyone might know whats going on feel free to comment

1 - 1 of 1 Posts