Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Looks like my cruz contrl is shot and Uncle GM wants 375 big ones for a new module. I've tried the auto parts store and they say it's a dealer item. You guys know any place else that might carry one...other than the wrecking yards?
Thanks,
JP

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You're gonna have to go to a dealership, junk yard or call Dal or Chris McCabe. Parts warehouses & auto stores just don't carry things like computers, ABS modules or cruise control boxes. You should be able to find one reasonably priced at a salvage yard as several different GM models will have one you can use. Good luck.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it's the module? I thought mine was screwed to but I remembered something I read on here. Check to make sure your center high mount stoplight isn't burnt out. If it is, replace the bulb and the cruise will work. If that ain't the prob, sorry, I can't help. I was so happy when I fixed mine that way that I always point that out to others on here when they have cruise probs. Nothing like fixing the cruise for $.63!

Sean

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the cruise module located on a 94-96? I found a wrecked Roadmaster in a salvage yard, and am going back Monday 12/16 to see what I can get off it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drivers side inner fender, in front of the brake booster.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. My brake light does work the prob with the cruz is that it works for awhile and then slowly loses speed. If I reset it it starts working again for a little bit. This hapened to me before and I let GM fix it, trouble is the module is only gauranteed for 12 months. Sounds like a racket to me. Oh well off to the wrecking yards.
JP :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts